Fortunately, there are many great ways for photographers to showcase their work online. There are quite a lot of WordPress photoblog themes as well as plugins that offer great possibilities to easily set up a website without spending too much. Using WP is definitely one of the best platform considering that it comes with a great publishing system.
Within this post I have collected the best premium photobog themes that not only comes with a great design, but as well as with many functions that are really helpful for presenting creative work online.
WordPress Photoblog Theme Collection
This is one of the most popular solution among photographers as it is specially built for them and offers great, unique features. It comes with 15 different templates which enables to showcase photos in many different ways. Another feature that must be mentioned is the built-in ecommerce image galleries that allow website owners to sell their work.
Why this Theme?
• All-in-one: Website + galleries + blog.
• Dozens of styles, customize everything.
• Great SEO and social media so you’ll be found!
• WordPress – the world’s fastest growing web platform!
• Join over 12,000 other photographers!
This WordPress photography theme is my favorite one as it comes with an incredibly unique design, with a fullscreen background and a great looking motion slider. It also comes with many layout and color options.
- Awesome Fullscreen “Motion Slider”
- Video Background (Youtube & Vimeo support)
- Fullscreen static Gallery (slider)
- 3 different layouts
- Simple style & 7 Art Styles
- Social profile page
- Coding prests: Lettercaps, Blockquotes, Buttons, Infoboxes, Tooltips, Toggles, Tabs
- Blog, Galleries, 404, Full width, Typography, About
- Working ajax contact form
- Google fonts (252 fonts so far)
- Validated HTML
- Full Documentation & tech support
This WordPress photoblog theme is from Elegentthemes who have many sort WordPress themes for photographers, but I like this one the best. Why I like it is that it comes with attractive flashy effects and smooth ajax loading which surely grab the attention of the visitors. Another thing that has to be mentioned it allows you to display photos in full screen.
Another WordPress photoblog theme that is specially built for photographers and offers everything they need to run their website simply. It comes with tons of features for tweaking the website, the photos and to offer great options for the visitors. One of the best features is that you can set up unlimited number of background images for every page, comes with more than 30 shortcodes for even better customization, and many ways for adding sliders.
- Fullscreen Background Image Slideshow (Upload unlimited images for each page/post/portfolio item)
- Custom Background Image(s) for every page/post/portfolio item
- Black and White Navigation Style (Choose the style you want from the admin panel)
- Slideshow Options
- Lightbox Options
- Custom Post Type for Portfolio
- Custom Post Type for Gallery
- 4 Portfolio Layouts (1, 2, 3 and 4 columns)
- Choose Your Own Colors With Color Picker
- Font Settings
- 7 Cufon Fonts Installed
- 30+ Shortcodes (Blog, Buttons, Columns, etc)
- 3 Custom Widgets (Recent Posts, Popular Posts, Flickr)
- prettyPhoto Lightbox (with video support) for portfolio
- Unlimited Sidebars
- Compatible on all major browsers
- Threaded Comments
- Enable/Disable Footer
- Enable/Disable search bar
- Google Analytics
- PSDs Included for easy editing
BOXED PORTFOLIO THEME
This is an elegant portfolio type WordPress theme that allows to show your photos and work online easily. It come with a left side navigation with a customizable background slider allowing you to set up a modern looking website.Good solution for designers, photographers, architects, design agencies or bloggers.
- Responsive is optional – if you don’t want the responsive layout, just turn it off in the theme panel.
- Background Slider Images are optional – you can disable the full screen background image slider and use any of the 20 included static background options.
- Homepage Slider or Video – you can disable the image slider and select to have a single embeded video instead. I recommend youtube/video embed as these are responsive in this theme.
- Blog Style Homepage – if you just wanna blog, switch on the blog style homepage and you are good to go. Perfect for photographers!
Do you know any another WordPress photoblog theme that must be mentioned here? Please, share with us.