Google Maps is an extremely useful service, and it is easy to use with WordPress. There are two ways you can include maps, you can use the embed code which is the easiest solution or use the API. This service offers many powerful features for those who want to include detailed information about places and routes, but there are other ways to use it on a WordPress site.
Luckily, there are many excellent free WordPress Google Maps plugins which helps us to get the most of this service and use it far more easily. Below I have collected the best 5 ones. Some of them are more basic with fewer features, others are more feature-rich.
This is one of the widely used ones with a lot of features. It can be used to display maps as widget or you can use a short code display maps anywhere on your website. Though, it is free, it offers premium services.
- User friendly interface.
- It comes with more than 200 icons.
- It supports Google-like directions.
- Info window can display marker’s street view within itself.
- Short-code builder.
- Many options for map customization.
- Support for custom overlays.
All in One
This plugin is developed by WPMU Dev, and it has a free and paid version. For a typical user, the lite version offers enough features. It is easy to use even for a beginner. It allows easy embedding and customization of Google maps that you can place in your posts, pages, sidebar etc. Simple, but remarkably powerful Google Maps WordPress plugin.
This is another solution which is widely used and have quite positive reviews from users. This plugin lets the user add a location meta data to any sort of pages. What makes it user friendly is that it can be used easily from the editor. Moreover, users can drag and drop a marker on the map to save location meta data for a post. It also supports supports Geo Microformats.
WP Google Maps
This is maybe the best one to get the most from the service. You can easily make exceptional custom maps with markers such as description, images, links etc. On top of that, it is exceptionally easy to use since you can add your maps to posts with a shortcode.
- Create as many map markers as you need
- Edit your markers with the click of a button
- Drag markers to an exact location
- Google Streetview supported
- UTF-8 character support
- Can be included as a widget
- Support for localization
- Choose from four map type: roadmap, terrain, satellite and hybrid
- Define your own width, height and zoom level for your Google Map
- Create a map in less than a 30 seconds!
- WordPress 3.0 friendly
- No advertising or links
- Latest Google Maps API (V3)
This WordPress Google Maps plugin inserts an interactive map to the editing screen which makes incredibly easy to add maps to the posts. It also allows custom HTML for the map markers.